Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

TWG @ ION Orchard

I was curious why TWG is such a popular spot to be at ION Orchard, always saw it packed and even got queue in such a tiny restricted seating area.

So, was on vicinity right before lunch time and decided to give it a try.

They serve breakfast menu until 11.30 am so I thought of giving it a try seeing how 'interesting' the brekkie menu are.

I was going for the 'Singapore' menu: 1 fresh orange/apple juice, 1 pot of TWG tea, choice of 2 muffins, scones or croissant and the ultimate item was the poached egg with white truffle oil and sprinkle with tea leaves. 

First the staff served me my choice of muffins, the cranberry and chocolate chip served with TWG tea jelly and whipped cream, as he said while waiting for my poached egg.

As for the tea, I always felt overwhelmed when looking at TWG tea list, so many variation of blends, in the end I ordered the Grand Jasmine Tea, needed to top up $1 though.

So, finally my egg came and I was a bit taken aback, maybe coz I always have my poached eggs serve in 2 eggs. But this was served in one shallow bowl and it only 1 egg.. Ha..Ha..
The taste was okay and you could tasted the truffle egg, I wish it came in 2 eggs...

What I liked most was the cranberry muffins and it was huge size so having two was too filing, ended up not finishing my chocolate chip.

Somehow, I felt the staff a bit overwhelmed even though it wasn't a busy hour. As for example, he took my fork and knife after I placed my order only to be given same utensils by other staff. And when I ordered my juice, he clearly either forgot or didn't hear it at first round cause he asked me again.

I think it may be a good venue for a sip of tea and cakes/cookies but for meal, perhaps not a good idea, pricey for the items they serve. Definitely not a place worth to wait for long queue, for me, that's it.



The Menu of Meals and Teas

Table arrangement



I do like how the tea tins displayed on the counter table


Only now I noticed the word/logo of TWG was mirroring each other


Always like their tea pot, it was really a freshly squeeze orange juice


Huge muffins..for me..ha..ha...loving the cranberry though

The whipped cream and tea jelly to complement the muffins


The much anticipated poached egg with white truffle oil and sprinkled with Gyokuro tea leaves. It was only 1 egg served in a very shallow bowl...I was expecting bigger one, I guess..ha.ha...
It was tasty and cooked nicely with hint of truffle oil

After paying my bill

TWG Tea Salon & Boutique at ION Orchard
2 Orchard Turn #02-21
Singapore 238801
Tel: +65 67351837

http://www.twgtea.com/AboutTWG-Story.php






No comments:

Post a Comment