Search This Blog

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Imperial Treasure @ Crowne Plaza T3

It has been a while that we haven't had our dim sum and suddenly I recalled there is a Chinese restaurant at Crowne Plaza Hotel, next to Changi Airport T3, so we went to give it a try.

It is under Imperial Treasure group which in some shopping malls proved to be quite popular with its dim sum. I thought with this outlet location, it wouldn't be as popular as normally in mall. Surprisingly, when I made a reservation, they did indicate the time slot. A question mark did occur in my head after I put down the phone about this time slot. 

I got my answer when we arrived, it was quite packed and by the time we left, there were some group waiting for their table. Surprise, surprise indeed...

What I do like for having the dim sum here is as though, the restaurant is really part of the hotel, not just as stand alone outlet. The interior and setting rival the ones at hotel. For service, yes, it was prompt and courteous but it is not as refined as hotel standard.

Quality of the dim sum were commendable and they do have quite selection of dim sum and other dishes.

The senior staff missed an item of our dim sum, luckily they stapled our 'ticked dim sum order paper' with the order receipt. I was a bit puzzled when they said all dishes were served and yes, on the order receipt, all items were being crossed out. Lo and behold, it was only 6 items whereas it was 7 items on the 'ticked paper'.

Most of the guests were family that I was sure, came there purposely for the dim sum lunch and not because any of them were travelling.

Not all staff were able to converse in English though, but I don't think it will be a problem as at least they do understand basic English.

This is a good option for those looking for a decent and proper Chinese restaurant in the Changi vicinity, ideal for having a corporate lunch and good for family dim sum lunch during the weekend.

I will certainly be back for a quiet leisure dim sum session here during weekend...

View to entrance. I do like how they covered the pillar with colours and intricate steel adornment
The Menu

The appetizer

The Hau Gauw (?)
There are so many variation in Roman wording so as long as we know what it is.
The skin was thin but not overly thin and the prawn meat was fresh..They do have a good Haw Gauw/ Prawn Dumpling
The Mixed Mushroom Dumpling
It was a good mushroom dumpling...

This got to be my fave here..
The Crispy Wanton

It was very very extremely crispy on the outer layer but nice tender wanton on the inside
A Must Try!
Another usual suspect in dim sum
The Siew Mai
It was a good siew mai here, it was tender, flavourful and the skin just wrapped it nicely
Another suspect here
The deep fried prawn with beancurd skin
I always measure how good a Cantonese restaurant on its dim sum from its Haw Gauw and this deep fried prawn.
Imperial Treasure surely passed my mark! These were few items that made me wanna return for a dim sum
The good Egg Tarts
Theirs were so soft on the eggs yet such a crispy pastry on the outside
The black sesame in a ginger soup...
It was a satisfying dessert, such a warm ginger to calm your tummy
The Mango Pudding
Hhmm, normal mango pudding yet not too sweet..
The entrance to Imperial Treasure from Hotel Lobby

Imperial Treasure Cantonese Cuisine
Changi Airport Terminal 3, Crowne Plaza #01-02
75 Airport Boulevard, Singapore 819664
Tel: (65) 6822 8228

Opens from:
Monday to Friday
Lunch: 11.30am to 2.30pm
Dinner: 6.00pm to 10.30pm

Saturday
Lunch: 11.00am to 3.00pm
Dinner: 6.00pm to 10.30pm