Search This Blog

Friday, June 7, 2013

Remboelan

Finally, I managed to visit Remboelan after missing few chances. Why I was keen to visit Remboelan? Not that I was looking forward to its dishes but more to see how the place was transformed. From the grandeur European design of Cafe Wien, the previous tenant, to Indonesian style.
It was indeed transformed to a warm, humble yet rich with woodcraft works. It certainly aim to more corporate guests considering the office blocks nearby and a decent venue to bring our visitor for sampling Indonesian dishes.
The menu certainly has vast variety of Indonesian dishes, some that are quite familiar and some that not so. I was tempted to sample the dish that I've never tried before but since I had my brunch earlier, I restrained myself to those familiar that I had craving.
Staff was courteous, friendly and prompt and able to recommend as well as explained on our inquiry of the dishes.
Thumbs-up for the presentation, I liked how they presented these supposedly humble dish to a refined and attractive one. The portion was on the smaller side but to me, it was just right in allowing us to sample others.
My host did say the dishes were a bit overpriced but by looking at everything that was presented and quality of the food, I felt it quite justified. Remboelan is not a venue for your daily lunch but more to weekend splurge, corporate lunch and special occassion when refined Indonesian dishes are in the card.
Wishing for another visit to Remboelan on next trip to Jakarta. Loving it...
Beautiful prints of the menus
So captivated when I knew the restaurant name was Remboelan (from old spelling of Bahasa Indonesia)
Luving this colourful page
Variety of traditional chili sauces are also available. Amazing...

Simple yet elegant lighting
 
As the structure was circular, it was interesting to see how they done the design of the place
Simple yet tasteful ceiling wood work


My fave pic of Remboelan, it just gave so much depth to the image

Glass partition, not full enclosure to keep the space bright and feel spacious
I love this wall decor, the pattern and lighting illumination
Since Remboelan is the only retail space on the top floor, they made use of the natural lighting from the ceiling
Nice steel cylinder canopies
Could see part of the ceiling was Cafe Wien (previous tenant) inheritance
Cleverly done partition and love seeing any room with natural lighting
I was so impressed seeing how considerate they are by providing scissor to cut open these plastic pockets. First time, I saw a scissor was provided. I salute this act of attention to detail
The refined Ketoprak; a combo of bean sprout, rice noodle, cucumber and cracker with house made peanut garlic sauce. 
It wasn't a big portion but just enough for a person as it was either accompanied with lontong (rice cake in cylinder shape)

The Lontong

The chicken satay (it only came in 6 pcs) and the sweet peanut sauce, once mixed with the cut chili and onion, the sauce tasted heavenly spicy
The chicken was grilled nicely with tender meats

My dessert; the Roti Bakar, grilled slice of bread topped with condensed milk, chocolate rices and shaving of cheese.
It was presented nicely in this square wooden shape; never thought a humble food could looked this good!
Though it was good, the bread was too thick to my liking, I wish it was a thinner slice

Es Teh Buah Toples
Ice Tea infused with strawberry, pineapple, apple and lime
Es The Remboelan
Ice tea with lemongrass, black grass jelly and mint leaves



The restroom door was so discreet looking but tasteful

These tiles reminded me of Honey symbol shape



Remboelan
Plaza Senayan Rotunda
4th Floor, Main Gate
Jakarta 12180

Tel: +62 21 5725088


Opens daily from 10 am to 10 pm













No comments:

Post a Comment